The destination brand supports a number of plans and strategies for Renfrewshire.
Renfrewshire Visitor Plan 2018 – 2021
Download a copy of the plan from the link below:
The story so far …
- Visits to our attractions grew by 24% in 2016.
- Our social media reach extended to 16.1million in 2017.
- 182,000 people from 159 countries visited our website to find out more about Paisley.
By 2021, we will increase visitor numbers by 4% year-on-year and increase visitor spend by £31million.
Our priorities are:
- Defining our unique cultural heritage – promoting a vibrant culture will drive visitor numbers and show what makes Paisley and its surrounding countryside unique. This includes theatre and museums, the Paisley Pattern, our rich architecture, radical Renfrewshire, food and drink, music, poetry and song and natural wilds.
- Continuing to grow our festivals and events – providing the best possible introduction to our place and giving visitors a reason to visit again. We will add to our portfolio of events we have bid for and won – Scottish Album of the Year Awards 2018, The British Pipe Band Championships 2016 – 2021 and The Royal National Mod 2021/22. And we will grow our signature festivals programme – Paisley Food and Drink Festival, Sma’ Shot/Weave, The Spree and the Halloween Festival.
- Building customer experience and a joined up visitor product – ensuring we offer the best possible customer service, and consistently provide the right information, inspiration and confidence to help visitors to choose to Paisley to explore and extend their stay with us.
Development portfolios are:
- Leadership and Skills – building our capacity as a region for tourism growth, developing skills, delivering customer service training and creating new partnerships.
- Product Development – creating world-class visitor experiences and removing accessibility barriers.
- Destination Development – supporting business development, building sense of place and making it easy for visitors to arrive and get around.
- Destination Marketing – delivering strategic destination marketing communications activity to meet our targets, by differentiating Paisley through our new brand Paisley and telling the world what makes us unique.
- Events and Festivals – building our reputation as an event host, bidding for new cultural and sporting events and growing our signature event programme to drive visitor numbers.
- Business Tourism – matching convention opportunities with our network of venues.
- Data and Insights – developing first-class visitor information and insights and sharing this across the sector to improve customer journey, product and campaigns.