All Hallows Graveyard, Inchinnan

Text for this webpage kindly supplied by Inchinnan Historical Interest Group

The burial ground at All Hallows contains gravestones dating from the 17th to the 20th century.  Some remains of the last church can still be seen along with the Blythswood family mausoleum.

Very little is known of the early history of Inchinnan Church. St Conval was one of the chief disciples of Saint Kentigern and founded the first church at Inchinnan. No trace of this remains. We do know that there was a church built around 1100.

Further places of worship were built on the site until at the end of the 19th century, the First Baron of Blythswood, resolved to enlarge the church by adding Transepts and a Chancel to it. Whilst the work was in progress it was decided to rebuild the main body of the church as well.

In 2017 as part of our ’597AD St Conval to All Hallows-1420 Years and Counting’ archaeological project we commissioned Spectrum Heritage to create a virtual 3D reconstruction of the church at All Hallows. Using historical documentation such as plans and photographs Spectrum brought the beautiful church back to life. Building of the last church at the site of All Hallows was completed in 1904. The church closed in 1965 and was then demolished to make way for Glasgow Airport.

Spectrum also created 3D models of grave slabs which came from the All Hallows site and are currently situated at Inchinnan Parish Church.

Find out more online at the links below.

Contact

All Hallows Graveyard

Greenock Rd, Inchinnan