Get involved in fantastic online experiences as part of Paisley Food and Drink Festival 2021.
Here’s what’s taking place on Thursday 22 April.
ArtBoss Food Fest Special – 1pm
ArtBoss is a Young Creative Producers group that aims to develop skills for young people aged 14 -18 to programme cultural events, works and happenings in Renfrewshire.
Join the Art Bossers as they present a series of short Vlogs on the themes of food, spring and outdoor spaces. #artbosspaisley
Making your garden insect and wildlife friendly – 4.30pm
- Watch on the Lochwinnoch Arts Festival Facebook page
Join Lochwinnoch Community Garden and find out how to making your garden insect and wildlife friendly.
Doing our bit for wildlife is vital for our native species, who are facing the challenges of habitat loss and climate change.
This short video workshop introduces how you can help them in your garden.
Connecting with nature is beneficial to our mental and physical health and adds beauty and interest to our lives.
Family Online Pakora Making Class – 5.30pm
- Class takes place on Zoom
- Book your place and get your ingredients at https://www.pakoraexplorer.co.uk/product/family-pakora-class-pfdf/
- Class costs £15
- Orders must be placed before Monday 12 April
Want to learn how to make authentic Pakora? Well, Pakora Explorer has the class for you!
This one-hour virtual Pakora making class is great for all the family – and is suitable for all kitchen skill levels and age groups. *Adult supervision required due to frying*
Learn how to make truly authentic vegetable pakora from the comfort of your own home. This package includes the main components you need to cook along; from the shopping list to the spice blends themselves, you’ll be making a mealtime masterpiece in no time!
The class will take place via Zoom – and you can book your place and ingredients via https://www.pakoraexplorer.co.uk/product/family-pakora-class-pfdf/
The package includes
- 1 hour online masterclass (Zoom)
- 1 x Garum Masala (for Veg Pakora) – please note, we will only be making vegetable pakora in this class.
- 1 x Murghi Masala (for Chicken Pakora) – Instructions are included. For those who prefer a meat alternative, Soya chunks and Paneer also work well
- Shopping list
- e-code for 10% off any future purchases (sent after the class)
Just add your gram flour and raw ingredients such as vegetables.
*Gram flour and raw ingredients e.g. vegetables or chicken need to be added by the customer*
Class costs £15. For more information, visit: https://www.pakoraexplorer.co.uk/product/pakora-gin-class-pfdf/
Gary Maclean – Top Tips for Cooking with Kids – 7:30pm
- Watch video on this page below
Hear Masterchef – The Professionals 2016 Winner & Scotland’s National Chef, Gary McLean, give his top tips on cooking with kids.
Find out how to get your children involved from the start, experiencing new foods and handling tasks for every ability.
This video was filmed by Gary’s daughter Laura, in partnership with Zero Waste Scotland’s Love Food Hate Waste’ campaign.