Join us for an evening of celebration of the life and times of Paisley Town Hall as it prepares to close for its £22m transformation.
6pm – 7pm
Paisley Town Hall’s £22m transformation is part of a £100m investment in the town’s cultural infrastructure, including £42m to re-imagine Paisley Museum and Art Gallery, £2.5m to revamp Paisley Arts Centre and the launch of our library in the High Street. Paisley Town Hall will close its doors at the end of 2018 for its transformation to begin. It will relaunch in 2021.
Join the teams from Renfrewshire Leisure and Renfrewshire Council to find out about plans for the much-loved Town Hall, including the recovery of lost rooms and hidden gems.
We’ll be inviting visitors on the night to sign up as ambassadors to keep in touch with us, share the news of the Town Hall’s development while it is closed and come along to further sessions to help us shape services at Paisley Town Hall.
7pm – 9pm
Ta-Ta Toon Hall
Join other Town Hall friends for a FREE night of celebration featuring film archive footage of Paisley and Renfrewshire, some of it accompanied by live music.
There will be music, song and artwork from local groups and the reading of a poem specially commissioned to mark the moment from local poet, Jim Ferguson.
The evening will be hosted by film-maker Alex Cathcart:
- Falconer Houston presents his unseen 1960s film of the History of Paisley with narration by BBC4s Vanessa Collingridge.
- Alistair Iain Paterson accompanies Paisley Pictures on the Baby Grand piano.
- Renfrew Burgh Band presents Renfrew Through the Years.
- Kevin Cameron presents a new film The Toun Hall.
- Jim Fergsuon reads a new poem And the deep mouthed bells of the Town Hall clock did chime.
- Rockus Choir pay tribute to Gerry Rafferty and accompany Paisley’s Oldest Film.
- The STAR project presents The Town Hall Misadventures of the Paisley Croc.
Tickets are FREE, but bookable from the Box Office 0300 300 1210; or from Paisley Town Hall or Paisley Arts Centre.