If you don’t consider yourself ‘in the know’ about Mozart, Beethoven or Bach, fear not, this is the orchestra for you.
The London Concertante has its audience laughing at jokes, gasping at virtuosity, moved by gorgeous string playing, and leaving with a smile on their faces.
Tchaikovsky’s elegant Nutcracker Suite leads on from Brahms’ serious Hungarian Dance No.5.
In the concert’s penultimate work, Tchaikovsky transports the evening to the magical halls of snowy
Tsarist Russia with a regal waltz from his ballet Sleeping Beauty. The evening reaches its climax with the famous Blue Danube Waltz, not only proving the crowning jewel of a fabulous night’s worth of music, but the coronation of Johann Strauss II as the master of the Viennese waltz.
Programme to include:
- Strauss – Die Fledermaus Overture
- Strauss – Tritsch-Tratsch Polka
- Tchaikovsky – Sleeping Beauty Waltz
- Strauss – Tales from the Vienna Woods
- Brahms – Hungarian Dance No. 5
- Tchaikovsky – Nutcracker Suite
- Strauss – Blue Danube Waltz