Renfrewshire’s first-ever Youth Mental Health Arts Festival has plenty to explore!
All of the events listed take place in Paisley Arts Centre.
Friday 4 May
7pm – 9.30pm
Young groups and individuals will showcase how different arts can help with easing the pressures of mental health issues.
Saturday 5 May
12noon – 4pm
A space for young people and families to come along and to check out organisations involved in youth work, arts and mental health.
1pm – 3pm
A digital workshop for young people aged 12-21 led by Paisley YMCA. Try out the latest digital tools and technology, learn some new ways to express yourself and even play around with Virtual Reality and expressing your emotions through emoticons.
Film afternoon: Inside Out
4pm – 6pm
Come along and enjoy family movie afternoon with a showing of Disney Pixar’s award-winning movie Inside Out. Watch Riley struggle with her emotions as she moves to a new city and school.
Sunday 6 May
May Film Contest
4pm – 6pm
An afternoon featuring films made by young people and based on the themes of ‘beginnings’ or ‘mental health’.
Amy Conway’s Super Awesome World
7pm – 9.30pm
Join Amy on a video game adventure like no other. Battle the minions of fear, loneliness and despair using your collective powers of human connection and emotional resilience. Only together can we slay the Darkness.
Youth Film Competition
This is a short film contest based around the theme of new beginnings or mental health. The contest is running in conjunction with the Youth Mental Health Arts Festival 2018. It is open to young people living in or from Scotland aged from 10 to 25 years old. The winner and runner up films will be selected at a specially-designed event during the festival where prizes and ongoing support will be awarded.
Please check the award criteria before submitting your entry:
Awards & Prizes
- £150 winning entry and one-to-one mentoring session with industry professional filmmakers.
- 2 runner ups: one-to-one mentoring session with industry professional filmmakers.
Rules & Terms
By entering the competition you confirm, that you agree to the following Terms & Conditions:
1. A competition for young people living in Scotland aged from a. Only people who live in Scotland are eligible for the festival.
2. The theme of the film should be about new beginnings or mental health.
3. All films must be 10 minutes or shorter in duration.
4. We are open to multiple entries from the same person/group.
5. The deadline to submit films is the 22nd of April. The nominees will be contacted by the 26th of April.
6. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost or delayed, or which are not received for any reason.
7. If your film had been selected it will be showcase at the Paisley Arts Centre on Sunday 6th of May from 4pm to 6pm. If you are unable to attend to this date you can send a representative or apologies in advance.
8. By entering the competition the nominees agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as YMHAF may require.
9. Incorrectly or inappropriate/upsetting content entries will be disqualified.
10. It is the responsibility of the filmmaker to ensure that all relevant rights and permissions are secured. The filmmaker indemnifies the festival against any and all claims regarding copyright, etc.
You can submit your film by sending a link of your film to email@example.com
or via Filmfreeway: https://filmfreeway.com/YMHAF