Enjoy the full experience of our Future Paisley exhibition from the comfort of your own home.
Please note: The Future Paisley digital exhibition may not work on older devices. We recommend you use a desktop PC or Mac computer. It can be accessed on a handheld device but will not have all the functionality of using a desktop.
It works similarly to a computer game – it takes a few moments to fully load, and once loaded you can use the cursor keys and mouse (or a games controller) to navigate. If you have a VR headset, the exhibition works best on Oculus Quest and Oculus Rift
A guide to navigating the digital exhibition is below:
- You will find yourself outside the virtual exhibition unit in the Piazza Shopping Centre. Decide if you would like music to accompany your experience by pressing play or mute on the ‘music controls’.
- Enter the digital exhibition by using the arrow keys or WASD keys on your keyboard. We recommend you move immediately left on entering and you will find yourself in the ‘Past’ area, which features eight information panels built around key themes from Paisley’s past. The exhibition is broken down into three key areas: Past, Present and Future.
- Move forward from here to enter the larger ‘Present’ area, featuring 15 ‘islands’ with illustrations of major projects taking place in the town.
- Click on the red PLAY buttons to link to video content about each project told by the architects and designers involved.
- Click the SKETCHFab buttons to link to 3D Models about the key projects, which open up in SKETCHFab in a new browser tab.
- Find further images of how some of our buildings were re-purposed during the pandemic and video content from the ‘What If…?/ Scotland – Paisley’ exhibition along the walls. Artwork from community groups and schools engaging with the exhibition will also appear here soon.
- Moving in a clockwise direction, move around and down into the ‘Future’ area, where a large map of the town showing what could change in future, and a series of three interactive panels where visitors can contribute their hopes for the future of Paisley.
- The last grey panel on your right links to more information about other Future Paisley cultural and community projects. Finally you can click on the final red panel next to the exit to leave feedback on your experience.