The Glasgow Airport Investment Area is a £39.1 million Glasgow City Region City Deal project delivering the infrastructure and environmental improvements needed to deliver a world-class business and commercial location in the heart of Renfrewshire.
Flexible development opportunities
The investment area will provide opportunities for advanced manufacturing, airport related services, logistics and office provision across the 120-acre site, improving connections between the Westway, Inchinnan and Airport business parks.
- A high quality boulevard into the investment area through re-alignment and upgrading of Abbotsinch Road – including 1620 metres of new road
- A two-lane bridge over the White Cart linking the investment area to Westway business park
- A 2030-metre off-road cycleway connecting the realigned Abbotsinch Road to Inchinnan Business Park
- A 100-metre cycleway and pedestrian bridge spanning the Black Cart
- All routes enhanced by pedestrian walkways and cycle lanes
- New and improved junctions and connections to existing cycleways and pathways
- Benches and cycle parking at key points along new routes
- Tree and hedge planting to boost local biodiversity
- Winter 2018 – contractor appointed and construction begins
- 2020 – construction complete