The Advanced Manufacturing Innovation District Scotland (AMIDS) will be an internationally-recognised centre for innovation, research and manufacturing in Scotland’s industrial heartland.
Located at the centre of Scotland’s largest labour catchment (1.7 million population within the Glasgow city region) and alongside established businesses such as Rolls Royce, Vascutek and Thermo Fisher, AMIDS is the ideal investment opportunity.
It will be home to the new National Manufacturing Institute for Scotland (NMIS), which will be the catalyst for the development of Scotland’s advanced manufacturing sector, providing support for manufacturers and connecting all of Scotland’s engineering universities and colleges.
To help realise this vision, the Glasgow Airport Investment Area City Deal project will deliver the enabling infrastructure including the realignment of Abbotsinch Road, a new bridge across the White Cart and new cycle routes.
Investment opportunities are flexible with AMIDS envisaged to be delivered through a public / private sector joint venture.
Investment is sought to finance and deliver demand-led commercial floorspace for AMIDS-related uses.
- Become part of Scotland’s only advanced manufacturing innovation district.
- Advanced manufacturing has been identified as a key priority for Scotland and is a sector with significant growth potential
- Cluster of existing manufacturing investment including NMIS, University of Strathclyde’s Advanced Forming Research Centre and Lightweight Manufacturing Centre and alongside established businesses such as Rolls Royce, Vascutek and Thermo Fisher.
- Situated in Scotland’s largest city region
- Located adjacent to Glasgow International Airport with excellent transport links connecting to existing business locations including Glasgow, Edinburgh and London
- Suitable for a variety of occupiers serving regional, national and international markets