OK, so the Write Here Write Now event…you’ve seen the posters, right? You’ve spied the banners when you’re out in the car, yes? But should you go?
100% ‘Yes’, and since you’re all busy people with busy lives, the team at PACE have whittled it down to 5 reasons why it’s worth going along on Friday…
- Celebrating stars of the future. Any one of the writers/performers could be The Next Big Thing and you can say you saw them here first. The showcase will feature the writing talents of 16 young people aged 12-21 and will include plays, poetry and song.
- Find out what it means to be a young person. It’s the Year of Young People and WHWN is all about putting them in the spotlight and giving them a voice. This is a chance to hear about the things that really matter to our young people, straight from the horse’s mouth.
- Friends in high places. There’s a crack team of mentors working behind the scenes, helping bring these new works to the stage; including In Motion Theatre Company, playwrights Alan Bissett and Douglas Maxwell, singer-songwriters Michael Cassidy and Marie Collins and poet Jenni Lyndsay.
- Bang for your buck. Tickets cost only £6 for 17 performances! That’s a bargainous 35p per act – less than the cost of a Mars Bar, a can of juice or lottery ticket.
- Get in on the action. As if the Showcase wasn’t already enough of an incentive, there’s a Family Fun Day in the afternoon with loads of workshops and activities to take part in – and they’re all free! Whether comics, coding or good old-fashioned campfire storytelling is your bag, there’s something for everyone and every age (3+).
Sounds good, doesn’t it…so pick up some tickets for Friday night or book your place at the fun day (links below).
Supported by the Year of Young People 2018 Event Fund and Renfrewshire Council.