There’s lots of gigs on this weekend – and local music man Tommy McGrory starts with Paisley’s first All Day Indie Festival!
Be Here Now is an NNE promotion and they have a cracking line up with a full day and night of iconic indie anthems with some of the country’s finest tributes with a truly festival feel. The line up looks like this:
- Ocean Colour Scheme – recreating the classic sounds of Ocean Colour Scene with an attention to detail often missed by tributes.
- Loaded – the UK’s hottest Primal Scream tribute deliver all the band’s hits with a big band sound. Backed by brass, percussion and backing vocalists, the band have been ensuring audiences get their “Rocks” off to the band’s classic anthems.
- The Muldoons – originally formed in Paisley in 1989, the band developed their much-loved guitar-based songs on the indie scene through the 90s. They reformed last year and, after a sell out comeback gig at Paisley’s Bungalow, went on to end 2017 supporting Inspiral Carpets’ Tom Hingley.
- God Like Genius – the UK’s leading tribute to the music of Noel Gallagher. The six-piece band bring the big sound required to do justice to the songs that defined a generation.
- Appy Mundays – bringing you the cult classics and best-selling hits of Manchester’s number one baggy band the Happy Mondays.
- The Complete Stone Roses – one of the UK’s most well-known, most seen and most successful tribute bands, selling out venues across the UK and Ireland regularly.
Be Here Now starts at 3pm and tickets are £25 – check online for availability. There’s also an aftershow party at The Bungalow straight after the event.
The Cave’s ‘Four in a Row’ this weekend are Pheonix Gene at 9pm tonight, Fifth Element at 6pm tomorrow, followed by Blind Panik at 9pm, and on Sunday the popular Black Triangles are back for more Cave nonsense at 6pm.
The Anchor has Marron and Monroe in tomorrow night at 8pm and on Sunday it is FreeSpeech from 4pm.
There is a great weekend of live action going on at The Old Swan starting with FreeSpeech tonight at 8pm. Tomorrow, in ‘The Shoppers Slot’ from 4pm, Dead Flowers are back once more for a cracking set of great tunes followed by Wreckless at 8pm.
Zambretto Wine Bar have Alan McKim in tonight from 8.30pm and tomorrow night it is Charlie Gorman from 8.30pm.
Open Mic Nights next week:
- Tonight: Stevie Johnstone at Hamishes Hoose from 8pm
- Sunday: The Bungalow with Cat Caldwell from 8pm.
- Monday: The Abbey Bar hosted by Dunky Hunter at 8pm and The Wee Howff with Graeme Kerr
- Tuesday: Andy Lindsey is at The Anchor from 8pm and there is a new open mic session at The Gantry with Cat Caldwell as your host
- Wednesday: Johnny Barr is the host for Burger and Keg at 8pm and Andy Lindsay is at The Patter Bar from 8pm
- Thursday: Manhattan’s at 8pm
Support your local venues and keep music live.