Santa Claus is coming to Paisley on Saturday 16 November when we’ll be switching on Paisley’s Christmas lights – and you can be part of the fun.
Renfrewshire Council’s events team are looking for keen volunteers to assist with various aspects of the event and help spread the festive joy.
By volunteering as a festive volunteer, you will be able to experience the event in full and enjoy a range of exciting opportunities – such as supporting volunteers and staff, assisting visitors to the festival, as well as helping out Santa at his popular, annual parade.
Take a closer look at the volunteering roles available below:
- Volunteer and Staff Support – you will play an important role in supporting other volunteers at the event, making sure they are looked after and provided with equipment.
- Way Finders /Town Centre Crew – you will help event visitors to find their way around town centre give directions to the venues and event information / schedule.
- Activities/Workshop Assistant – you will help with the creative workshops for children, welcome guests and help set up the workshop space.
- Parade Support – you will support community groups and get them organised for the festive parade, including positioning parade members and walking alongside groups in the parade.
- Photography/Videography Volunteer – your main role will be to capture event content through photography and film, following a creative brief outlining tasks and reporting content back to the Communications Team.
Volunteering is a great way to connect with like-minded people. It is a fun way to make new friends and give back to your local community, while gaining new skills and knowledge.
You will also become part of our network of Paisley Is volunteers in Renfrewshire with opportunities to be part of other events in the area.