Paisley will welcome The Spree Festival again in 2018 with a stunning line-up of Motown, rock and dance music legends.
The hugely-popular festival of music, comedy, theatre and arts – now in its seventh year – will take place between the 12 and 20 October.
This year will see another packed programme with something for everyone to enjoy. Take a look at what’s on at The Spree 2018 here:
Martha Reeves and the Vandellas – famous for tracks such as Dancing in the Street, Jimmy Mack and Heatwave – will play a special show at Paisley Town Hall (20 Oct) alongside the London African Gospel Choir who will perform Paul Simon’s Graceland.
Paisley will return to its punk roots by welcoming Gang of Four to the iconic Spiegeltent in the town centre (19 Oct).
Scottish favourites Aidan Moffat and RM Hubbert (20 Oct) and Gaelic singer and ‘the Bard’ from hit US TV series Outlander, Gillebrìde MacMillan and friends (18 Oct), will take to the stage at Paisley Arts Centre.
There will be a real eclectic feel to the Spiegeltent bill this year including:
- Vieux Farka Touré (16 Oct), described as the ‘Jimi Hendrix of the Sahara’ and son of the Grammy-winning Malian musician Ali Farka Touré.
- Alt-country and Americana group, The Wandering Hearts (14 Oct).
- Rock bands The Leisure Society and Duke Special (17 Oct).
- Scots super group Big Minds featuring members of Simple Minds and Big Country (18 Oct).
- A fantastic double-bill with Traceyanne & Danny (ex-Camera Obscura) and The Pastels (13 Oct).
- The popular Comedy Night will return to the tent with Des Clarke, Janey Godley and Stuart Mitchell (12 Oct).
- There’s also the return of the ever-popular ModStuff and scooter ride-out (20 Oct) by LNP Promotions at the Spiegeltent with the proceeds going to local charities.
The revelry continues during the festival with The Spree Ceilidh (12 & 19 Oct) which is also a free event.
Plus, don’t miss The Wee Spree with plenty of fun activities to keep the kids entertained during the October holidays.
Tickets are on sale from 9am on Wednesday 18 July and are available from the festival website. (Link opens in a new tab)