Following the success of last year’s first ever online Sma’ Shot Day, another day of digital celebrations is planned to mark this historical date in the town’s calendar for 2021.
This year’s online event will take place on Saturday 3 July – the time when the weavers and their families would traditionally take their holidays.
Some of the event highlights include:
- The Burning of the Cork – back for 2021 in the form of a trio of films featuring performances by aerial performance company, All or Nothing, in partnership with PACE, Right2Dance and Jennifer Scott Dancers.
- The Charleston Drum Rally film, funded by Renfrewshire Council’s TH.CARS2 programme, which will shine a light on another historic element of the day’s celebrations.
- Loud n Proud will be showcasing a short film version of their production, ‘Sma’ Shot, the Musical’.
- The Makers Market is also back and online for this year’s event. Delivered in partnership with Incube.
- A new immersive walking tour app, Paisley Radicals Catalysts for Change, acknowledging Paisley’s role in Scotland’s Radical Wars.