Renfrewshire Doors Open Days are your chance to visit historic and unique buildings across the area.
Doors Open Days is taking place in Renfrewshire on Saturday 2 and Sunday 3 September 2023.
It’s a great chance to explore hidden gems and fascinating venues. You’ll learn so much about the history and heritage of Renfrewshire.
Doors Open Days weekend is always one of our favourites. A chance to get inside private or hidden spaces, to wander around those buildings you drive past on your way to work, or places you haven’t been in since you were a kid.
Each year is different, and the buildings taking part each put on their own activities as part of the celebrations. Doors Open Days is coordinated nationally by the Scottish Civic Trust and is part of European Heritage Days alongside Scottish Archaeology Month, coordinated by Archaeology Scotland. Both are supported by Historic Environment Scotland. This year’s shared European Heritage Days theme is Living Heritage.
- See the full list of Renfrewshire buildings, and when they’re open, on the Doors Open Days Scotland website
For a super in depth look at Paisley’s weaving history, Paisley Darkside Historical Walking Tours will be running two tours on Saturday 2nd September. Places are free, but booking is essential. Secure your place on Eventbrite.
Plan your visit
There are over 40 venues taking part across Renfrewshire this year. From growing grounds to churches, creative hubs to civic buildings.
- Bishopton Parish Church
- Erskine Arts
- Erskine Community Allotments
- Houston and Killellan Kirk
- India of Inchinnan
- Johnstone History Society
- Active Communities
- Kilbarchan Parish Church
- NTS Weaver’s Cottage
- Castle Semple Visitor Centre
- RSPB Lochwinnoch Nature Reserve
- Brediland allotments
- Forrester House Paisley
- Gallow Green Project / Renfrewshire Witch Hunt 1697
- Grow in Glenburn Community Garden
- Holy Trinity & St Barnabas Episcopal Church
- John Neilson Institute
- Oakshaw Trinity Church
- Paisley Abbey
- Paisley Florist Society Garden Club
- Paisley Methodist Church
- Paisley North Church
- Paisley Photographic Society at the Methodist Central Halls
- Paisley Thread Mill Museum
- Ralston Bowling Club
- Restoration & Creation
- SCOPE Renfrewshire Creative Showcase
- Sculpture House
- Sight Scotland Veterans Hawkhead Activity Hub
- Tannahill’s Cottage and Paisley Burns Club
- The Art Department / Outspoken Arts Scotland Ltd
- The Heritage Centre
- The Hurlet Crematorium
- The Russell Institute / Invest in Renfrewshire
- The Secret Collection (Paisley Museum Store)
- The Wynd Centre
- Two Towns Down Brewing Limited
- What if Paisley Ltd
- Coats Paisley
- Paisley Sheriff Court
- Re:Hope Church Paisley
- St. Mirin’s Cathedral
- The Creative Hub on Brown’s Lane
- Friends of Barshaw Park
- Sma’ Shot Cottages
- Renfrewshire Council Chambers
- Inchinnan Road Bascule Bridge
- Renfrew Association of Growers & Gardeners
Want to support the event? We have posters you can download and print or display on social. We have a light pink option, a purple one and a green one. And we also have a fun animated gif you can download too.