Inchinnan is a small village in Renfrewshire located between Renfrew and Erskine.
A church, dedicated to St Conval, has been located in Inchinnan since the 12th century and was and was given to the Knights Templar by David I of Scotland. This was then replaced by the ‘Hallows Church’ in 1900 which was demolished in 1965 to make way for Glasgow International Airport. Its fine art collection, most of which was given by the Campbells of Blythswood, was transferred to the new Inchinnan Parish Church which now sits in the centre of the village. The Parish church displays a beautiful marble pulpit from Italy along with glorious stain glass windows which have been donated throughout the years the church also contains burial stones possibly dating back to around the 9th century.
Inchinnan boasts a variety of property styles ranging from two-bed bungalows, well-proportioned three-bed semi-detached villas and luxury five bedroom detached housing.
Inchinnan used to be the home of Inchinnan Airship Constructional Station featuring a large airship shed and hydrogen production plant. In 1930 India of Inchinnan, an art deco style category A-listed building was constructed by the India Tyre and Rubber Company and was operational for over 50 years. In later years the building lay dormant and fell into disrepair and in 2003, following a multi-million pound refurbishment, India of Inchinnan was restored to its former glory. In is now home to various private offices and a cafe, R34, also inhabits the building, taking its name from the first-ever airship to make a return journey over the Atlantic in July 1919 that was built on the site before India Tyres took over.
Inchinnan has a large business park within the village comprised of a mixture of industrial and warehouse units. The park features world class facilities and modern office accommodation and houses companies including Rolls Royce, Thermo Fisher Scientific and clothing retailer M&Co amongst others.
The Inchinnan Cruising Club was established in 1932 and is a small club located between Inchinnan and Renfrew with an active membership and a varied fleet of power and sailing vessels. The aim of the club is to promote boating within the Firth of Clyde alongside social activities afloat and ashore.
Inchinnnan Primary School is the only non-denomination school within the village and the catchment school for secondary education is Park Mains High School. For Roman Catholic denomination education, the nearest primary school is St Anne’s in Erskine and Trinity High School in Renfrew is the nearest secondary school.